Monday, July 12, 2010

Refueling Crisis & Completion

Well I apologize for the late start to my blog today (yes, I did receive a complaint), but it is finally time to update you with the latest news from my weekend.

Well yesterday, as you may know, was Free Slurpee Day at 7/11.

(For those of you that wonder why it was Free Slurpee Day, you should think about it for no more than one minute and if you can’t figure it out I recommend you google “Free Slurpee Day”, followed by “Blogs I am not smart enough for”. The former should enlighten your ignorance; the latter should link you back to this blog. Too harsh?)

But I digress, I went after church yesterday to get my free Slurpee, only to find that my local 7/11 was out of the free cups.

Ah, sharp pang in my deltoid region. I had been stabbed in the back, by one of my favorite unofficial holidays. Could there be any crueler death and suffering?

But this ultimately led me to by grand adventure, a stop at the local Taco Casa. Lucky for me, they were advertising my Slurpee-less solution, their Sweet Tea. We were going through the drive thru and we swiftly got our sweet tea, when we got it I began drinking (I was most obviously parched) and quickly had made a large dent in the amount of drink, then it hit me.

Free Refills.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I finished off (in 30ish seconds) approximately 30 oz. of my tea, and when we got our food, we handed back our cup for a refill, which we received and proceeded along our way.

So yes, you can get a refill in the drive thru lane. I challenge you to try it this week.

-MJM

1 comment:

  1. So Google ads knows you well...two of the ads on the side of your blog were for womens' pants and workout pants...maybe you shouldn't write about wearing your father's pants on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete