Thursday, July 8, 2010

Failure in Launch

Well hello all. I was supposed to write a bio today, but fate has brought me in another direction.

In my morning routine, I wake up, get a shower, then get back in bed for exactly 20 minutes. I am a morning person, but out of some habit I never turn out any lights before I leave home. I also never look in a mirror as that would be pointless considering there is no light. Obviously I am a very low maintenance, and know my clothing quite well. But suffice to say that the first time I see myself in “all my glory”, is approximately 3 hours after I wake up.

Not today, I fell asleep after my shower and found myself in a rush to get to work on my regular schedule. I rushed downstairs and grabbed the pants that I had assumed were my own. They felt a little strange, but I hadn’t worn this supposed pair in a while, so I just thought I wasn’t used to them. Within 3 minutes of putting on “my” slacks, I had jumped in my car and was off to work. I walked in and didn’t think anything about it, but when I finally headed to the bathroom (2 hours after getting to work), my worst nightmare came true.

I found out that my theory was correct. I was/am wearing my father’s pants.

It isn’t extremely terrible, I mean you can barely notice when I hide my legs behind/under my desk. But the whole 3 sizes too big in the waist and 4 sizes too short in the length doesn’t really work for me. I seriously look like a skydiver, with these baggy balloon pants on.

Hope your day is off to a better start than mine.

-MJM

2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh so hard....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definately have to share this little story with Lou Ellen. Thanks for the hearty haha!

    ReplyDelete