Friday, July 9, 2010

Ignition Delay

Well after yesterday’s debacle, I knew I had to turn on my ‘A’ game today. I was going to get up, sacrifice a little of “relaxation” time as previously mentioned in yesterday’s post. Just a little extra time to make sure I'm wearing my own clothes and looking decent in them.

Guess what didn’t happen?

I was woken up by my father at the time that we usually leave. That meant I was running 40 minutes off of my schedule. But I knew what must be done. I turned on the shower, picked out my clothes, got a shower and got dressed and left within ten minutes of waking up. Of course all of this was in the dark but, let me just say that you never would’ve guessed that were true if you took a look at me today. I turned on my ‘A’ game.

On an unrelated note, I admit to having somewhat vain and narcissistic tendencies, but I try to write those off as confidence.

Moral of the story kids, is not to let the start of your day ruin your whole day. (Wish I would’ve learned this lesson before yesterday). When life gives you very sour lemons pretend it’s a Warhead(do they even still make those?) and chomp down and make your day into a delicious day of delectable Gummy Bears.

-MJM

No comments:

Post a Comment