Monday, August 9, 2010

Solution Confusion

So it has become apparent that I have yet to blog for 5 consecutive weekdays, I'm not really sure why that is, but it is an interesting phenomenon, maybe I only have a maximum of 4 noteworthy thing happen to me per week. Regardless, I apologize for my "slacking".

But now that we have gotten over that hump...

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I've realized one of the hardest things to do is balance current standing with grass-is-greener syndrome.

Now, I do appreciate where I am, and I'm not trying to take for that granted, but you always wonder.

Basically, I just feel like I'm torn between what I want and what is easiest and what is logical.  I honestly feel like I'm in constant battle with myself as to whether to take that risk or play it safe. There seem to be two schools of thought:

Take A Risk: Many people attest to the fact that the reason they got where they are is because they stuck their neck out, took that leap of faith. Those people (notice I'm not meaning just the crazy BASE jumping type people), believe that the only way to be successful is to never be satisfied with your current state.

Grass Is Not Greener: Another large group of people seem to be of a mind that teaches that though it looks dandy over yonder, it really is not all that great and is likely not as great as where you currently are.  They believe that taking risks and pushing the envelope will eventually push you off a cliff.

So what do you do? What do I do? Both these ideas are based in truth, but how can one (namely me), be expected to do both of these things, you must choose. I suppose you can respond with " different scenarios use different strategies", but it seems that some scenarios call for a decision that is not so clear cut...

-MJM

No comments:

Post a Comment