Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oops?

If you're a slacker and you know it raise your hand.

(Raises hand)

So I've had a "rough" week, well that may not be the best descriptor. Perhaps busy would be better. Its mostly because I've actually been working in the mornings, that results in me not being able to blog till the afternoon, like today, and sometimes I decide its too late because most people read my blog in the morning. But apparently that is not the case, I believe that most, if not all of my readers, read in the second half of the day, and with this information, I'll try to appropriately post future blogs.

But you'll be glad to know that after Thursday, my life will be drastically easier.  Thursday, I have a presentation on my activities of the summer as essentially an intern.  I wasn't too worried about it until yesterday, when my boss invited all the division directors aka "head honchos", to come hear it and my findings on a specific project. I'm not really worried, I just now have to prepare more.

I mean, I got an 'A' in my community college online version of public speaking this summer,but that was mostly because I speak well.  I didn't actually prepare for any of my speechs, I improvised all three and averaged a 91ish. Yeah, be jealous, cause yeah I took public speaking through a community college and it was online, I never stepped foot on campus.

So, its not the speaking, its the fact that I need to prepare so as to have a substantial presentation that justifies the attendance of the above listed head honchos.

So hopefully that justifies my preparation.

-MJM

1 comment:

  1. Do you have the presentation "Bill-Clinton-talking-fist-with-tucked-in-thumb" down? Always great to impress the bosses :)

    ReplyDelete