Monday, October 4, 2010

Broadening My Horizons

So attempting to persevere through the obvious extended hiatus, I apologize for the time that I have been gone and for leaving you with such a dramatic cliffhanger. Spoiler Alert: I'm fine, my CT scan proved normal (though I'm not sure if it means normal for me or the average person, we all know what I am getting at). I could try and blame my concussion for my constant forgetting to update my blog, but it obviously has considerably more to do with my chronic laziness.


But , I digress, you probably don't actually care why I've been gone or much less about this blog post, but its not all about you, unless you are me, if so continue in your narcissistic tendencies.


If you know me very well, you know that I'm not very specialized ("look with your special eyes", thats for you sis), I just sorta get by in all the different aspects of life. Retrospectively, I'm not at all surprised that I ended up in the Liberal Arts College. I chose to continue my endeavor to learn a little about a lot. I seem to always get into something but never really ending up going too far off the deep end.


This has never been too much of a problem, but it gets kinda frustrating when you are middle of the pack at everything, you never really have the chance to excel. I am fully confident in my potential and talent, but for some reason the drive for perfection is not in my skill set. So when do I throw in the towel on an endeavor, I usually just work for a while before giving up? My latest issue is piano, I was working for a while on learning to play but its hard learning to play "more difficult songs" when you have no formal training. Maybe that is the real issue, is that I'm too independent and self reliant. I am too do-it-yourself. Though Dad is probably happy that my hours watching This Old House with him growing up will be potentially helpful.


That brings me to my final point of the evening, I'm really good at two things for sure. Watching TV and talking. but usually not at the same time. Don't you dare talk to me while my one of fifteen religiously-watched TV shows are on. But I think both of these two would be considered my strengths, if only I could make a career out of them...


-MJM

1 comment:

  1. I know someone who could help you with your piano if you are interested. It is this really cool girl named Rae Anne. She is a wonderful player. Let me know if you want to get in touch with her.

    ReplyDelete